8 Great Tips To Get Healthy
There’s a lot of different great ways to stay healthy and live a life of longevity and vitality. I’m sure you’ve seen a thousand articles on the topic online and probably even more in magazines and books. We don’t think about when we’re younger and we think we can do anything with our body. Unfortunately, we find out years later that our body must be taken care of in order to feel good. If you’re wondering why you don’t feel good, feel tired all the time or hurt, in many cases, it can point back to your lifestyle. In a age where technology gives us comfort and ease, we’re seeing obesity at a younger age and it’s alarming. So today, we’re going to share some great tips on staying healthy.
1. Educate yourself at a young age. Ever wish you would have took better care of your body when you were younger? Same here. Why didn’t we? Did your parents talk about health when you were younger? Did your teacher teach you the importance of fitness? More then likely, you’ve heard it from somewhere. The problem, kids just don’t listen. You have to embed the importance of a healthy lifestyle time and time again. Education and learning is power. Teach your children or grandchildren at an early age. Make sure they eat good. For those of you that are older, it’s never too late to start getting healthy.
2. Make sure you exercise daily. Studies are showing that we don’t exercise anymore, kids are not exercising. Technology is one of the concerns for the issue. If you have children, make them go outside and play daily. At the very least, they should be active for an hour a day. That is the bottom line. Same for you mom and dad, exercise should be part of your normal daily routine. Daily exercise has a variety of different benefits. As you age, the need for daily exercise arises. Even if it’s just walking, get out there and do it. Although you should be active for an hour at the very least too, any type of exercise will be helpful to you. I know it’s tough finding time to exercise with work and kids. However, your body needs it.
3. All about eating healthy foods. A lot of men and women believe that exercise is all you need to lose weight or to be healthy. That statement is completely false. Not true at all. You can actually lose more weight eating healthy then exercising. The combination of both is what helps you get the best results though. I just don’t want you to eat healthy here and there. Eating healthy should be a part of your daily routine, breakfast, lunch, afternoon and dinner.
4. Get your full 8 hours in. Time is money and money is time, right? Yes, that may be true but sleep is so important to feeling great and living healthy. I know for many for many of you, 8 hours a sleep will never happen. You may have a demanding job, possibly two jobs. You could have children or a busy schedule. I know it can be tough. You still need to try to get your 8 hours of sleep in every night. Your body is a biological clock. If you’re getting proper sleep, you likely wake up and sleep around the same time everyday. If your not on a routine, your likely up at a variety of different times. Try your best to make an effort to get a full 8 hours of sleep. At the least, try to get an extra hour or two then you normally do. You’ll be surprised how much better you feel. Sleep is a great healthy living tip.
5. Drink water everyday. A lot of people do drink water according to studies and that is great. Are they drinking 8 cups a day? Most people are not. If your drinking water daily though, good for you. Our body is made up of water and needs water on a daily basis. Yes, it is recommended that you have 8 cups of water a day. This may seem like a lot but it really isn’t. If you’re not drinking water at all, you need to start immediately. I know men and women that started drinking water daily and felt much better within a few short days. Make water part of your game plan today.
6. Stay away from soda and pop. We go through a lot of soda and pop ladies and gentlemen. Soda and pop is very bad for you. The best outcome is to replace your soda with water. The high amounts of sugars and caffeine are dangerous and very unhealthy. I know a lot of different patients paying for it now. Again, you have to make an effort if you want to change. You want to wing yourself off the pop, don’t just quit cold turkey. Don’t be surprised if you don’t feel good or you get headaches during the process. After years and decades of drinking pop, it can be tough to quit. If your sides or lower back is hurting, it may be caused by the soda.
7. Have a want to feel better. In order to get healthy and live healthy, you have to want to get better. You have to want this for yourself. If you don’t have that motivation, you need too. You may have found this article and your in a life/death situation. If you don’t get healthy, you can die. If you’re in that situation, take these steps to heart. Your doctor told you to get healthy for a reason. To get healthy, lose weight and feel better, you have to have a drive and passion to succeed.
8. You can’t get healthy in one day. You can’t do it all in one day. Getting to where you need to be will take time. Living your life in this situation can have long-lasting results mentally, physically and emotionally. If you’re willing to put the time and effort in to get healthy, I promise you will get there. Take the time and write your new schedule down. If you don’t have time, make time. If you follow these 8 healthy tips, I promise you will get there.